Now, a meme to calm down.
1. What is the last alcoholic beverage you drank?
A glass of Cabernet with my steak dinner a couple weeks ago.
2. Do you follow college football?
I follow Huskers when they play, but it's not like I check who they sign or watch the games - I just follow their scores and how well that stacks up against others in the Big 12.
3. How many miles does your car have on it?
29,500 or so.
4. Who was the last person to send you a text message and what did it say?
I don't do text messaging.
5. Last time you went swimming in a pool?
Oh God, a long time ago. As in, several years ago. Unless you count soaking in a whirpool. I never liked pools, and I am not too fond of swimming. I am more of a fan of soaking in near-boiling water.
6. Are you happy?
Yes, 90% of the time I am.
7. Where was the last place you went shopping?
HyVee, for groceries. It happens when you grow up, that grocery shopping is the most common form of shopping.
8. How do you feel about your hair?
I like it - I love the gorgeous reddish-brown color (though I found a few gray hairs lately...), the silky texture when it has been properly brushed, and the fact that it never tangles. However, I get frustrated with the fact that it refuses to be styled and assume any shape other than it's normal dead straight down. Oh, and that it picks up static very easily and flies around like a cloud when it does.
9. Favorite color?
Red, light blue, pink, white, black.
10. Last thing you ate?
The remnants of a Ritter marzipan bar.
11. Do you wish you were someplace else right now?
Right now? No. But I have been feeling a pull of Italy on and off for the last couple months.
13. Do you have any expensive jewelry?
Oh yes. Amethists, emeralds, garnets, topazes, diamonds... I love jewelry, though for me it's the workmanship and the unusual cut or design that matter, not the price.
14. AIM or MSN?
I don't IM.
16. How many hours on average do you work a week?
40+, but mostly for free, since I am on my clinical rotations. Hence, when I am IN Omaha, it turns to something along 50+.
17. What is your favorite brand of make up?
Estee Lauder for mascara and lipstick/lipgloss. Covergirl for compact. Eyeshadow - based on color, I use variety when I do, same with nail color - whatever catches my eye and is on sale. I don't use foundation/blush/eyeliner and all that other crap. I have near-perfect complexion as is, and people ask what mascara I use even when I don't bother putting on makeup.
18. Favorite NFL team?
I don't follow them.
19. Do you watch the Olympics?
I love Winter Olympics more than any other sporting event. In fact, more than all other sporting events combined (minus World Cup Soccer, Stanley Cup final and the Champions League final). I love biathlon, bobsleigh, speed skating, hockey, downhill, short track - you name it.
20. Last bar you went to?
I am not a fan of them... Whatever the place the last ASP gathering was...
21. Who was the last person to call you?
Something or other business related...
22. What's your sign?
23. Do you have a favorite number?
1, 3, 5 and all even numbers, especially 2.
24. Last time you did volunteer work or made any donations?
December, I think.
25. What do you spend the majority of your money on?
Travel. Tuition. Food. Jewelry.
26. Where does most of your family live?
Russia, followed by US, followed by the rest of the world - we are a wide-spread family, though most are very distant relations whom I have never met and most likely never will meet.
27. Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
28. Would you consider yourself to be spoiled?
Yes. I am very lucky to have almost everything go my way.
29. Ever been called a bitch?
Oh yes. Arrogant bitch, even.
30. Got any guilty pleasures?
Guilty? What's that?
31. Do you drink beer?
Yes. I prefer dark, smooth beers on the sweeter side of the spectrum.
32. Have you ever experienced true love?
No, as evidenced by the lack of a ring on my finger.
33. Did you ever collect Beanie Babies?
No. I collect fridge magnets and earrings.
34. Ever ordered anything online?
Some books, some CDs and a couple other items.
35. Myspace or Facebook?
I don't use that kind of stuff.
36. Do you have T-Mobile?
AT&T followed by Cingular (now going back to AT&T) for 6 years now...
37. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
In pharmacy school - microbiology. Otherwise, I loved a lot of things... from math to languages to history to biology...
39. Do you usually fall for bad boys?
I don't fall for anyone, generally. I guess my brain is more tuned to looking for flaws than anything else.
40. Were you an outcast in high school?
No. I was known for carefully navigating different factions and cliques, joining none, being friends with many.
41. Last time you saw your parents?
Mom - 2 seconds ago, Dad - yesterday (he left for work very early today).
42. Do you have any talents?
I can write prose or poetry in several languages, I am very good at public speaking, I paint with watercolors and embroider. I have amazing packing skills, and many others.
43. Ever been in a wedding?
Yep, for my favorite cousin.
44. Do you have any children?
No, and not planning for the next 5-10 years.
45. Last movie you watched?
Erm... I don't remember. Honest. That shows how rarely I watch movies.
47. Did you take a nap today?
No. I cannot nap, I feel broken after that.
48. What was your high school's mascot?
49. Ever been on a cruise?
No, and I doubt I would go, as I have very bad sea sickness.
50. Favorite vacation spot?
Europe. In all its rich variety.
51. How many pets do you have?
52. Do you have any wealthy friends?
Not really wealthy wealthy - but none are poor either. All at about my own level - have enough to live on, and in the foreseable future most will be quite wealthy.
53. Ever met anyone really famous before?
Define "really". I have met a lot of lawyers and doctors who are very well known within their professions, and a few of major local TV personalities, but none of the Hollywood-style celebrities, if that's who you mean.
54. Favorite actress?
None. Favorite actors would be Sean Bean and George Clooney, but no favorite actresses.
56. Are you multi-tasking right now?
Nah. I am just relaxing.
57. Could you handle being in the military?
No. I cannot stand the idea of letting some moron tell me what to do just because he has a higher rank.
58. Are you hungry or thirsty?
59. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Runza (it's a Nebraska thing). Otherwise, Subway.
60. Do you have any grandparents still alive?
61. What is your average cell phone bill?
Right around $40 +/- $1.
62. Do you own a camera phone?
No. I have a good camera, I don't need crappy-quality cell phone pictures.
63. Ever had to take a sobriety test?
64. Do you believe in Karma?
Yes, but not really seriously.
65. Can you speak any other languages?
English, Russian, German, Italian and a bit of Spanish.
66. Last time you went to the gym or worked out?
Sometime in December.
67. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Not that many. About 20 pairs, plus some 8 or so pairs of boots. I desperately need to go shopping for shoes, since I had to throw so many of them out last fall because they were getting unsightly and worn out.
68. Do you have a photo hosting site that you use?
Photobucket, but I don't use it all that much.
69. Last place you drove your car?
Running my errands today - optometrist, HyVee, Walgreen's, home.
70. What is your college mascot?
None. We are a professional school campus only.
71. Ever been to Las Vegas?
No, but the next ASHP Midyear is there, so I am planning for December 2007.
72. Where do you want to live?
Portland is currently where I long to be, but I wouldn't survive the crazy road system quite yet.
74. Plans for tonight?
Have a dinner with my family. Soviet Army Day was yesterday, and my dad always celebrates it, like almost all Russian men - besides, he really was a leutenant and spent two years in the Army. My mom was sick, so we didn't quite get a celebration last night, so we will do it tonight. I bought a nice, though rather expensive, bottle of rum for him.
75. What do you think is your best feature?
I have many. But I personally like my voice best - it has proven to be such a great tool for achieving my goals.
76. Have you ever been gambling?
Yes, though I view it only as an entertainment rather than potential income source, so I designate an amount I can part with, and spend it playing and then play no more.
77. How old are you?
78. When is the last time you updated your blog?
80. Best lip gloss?
81. Have you been to New York?
No, but I will be living next to it starting June, so I will have plenty of opportunity to explore it.
82. Favorite sit down restaurant?
I have been to many that I liked, in many countries around the globe.
83. Ever been to Disneyland?
To Disney World when I was 16 or 17 - it was summer of 2000, but I don't remember which month. I could have had my birthday there, in fact...
84. Do you have a favorite cartoon character?
The Rescue Rangers, and Kot Matroskin (a Russian cartoon character). As far as the cartoons in the paper, Garfield.
85. Last thing you cooked?
Chicken with couscous.
86. How is the weather today?
Rainy, and it's going to start snowing soon.
88. Last letter/piece of mail you received besides junk or a bill?
The Complete Review for Pharmacy from APhA.
89. Favorite store?
Dillards, probably, of the big ones. Some small privately owned stores. Most jewelry stores.
90. Purses, Shoes, or Sunglasses?
I am not very attached to purses, the shoes - since I had to throw away my favorite pink ones, probably the super-fancy Gianni Bini interview shoes. And I love my latest Antonio Melani boots, fit like gloves AND look gorgeous. The only shoes I have gotten more compliments on were the pink ones (it's amazing how few people dare to wear hot pink pumps, apparently).
91. Last voicemail you received?
Reminder about optometrist appointment.
92. Do you drunk dial?
I don't get drunk.
93. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone?
Nothing. I value my property. In fact, I value any property.
94. What city do you want to live in?
96. Last time you were sick?
End of January, when I had a rather nasty cold.
97. Are you bored right now?
No, content and relaxed.
98. Next concert you plan on attending?
None at the moment. I need to figure out my finances first. I have a large pile of cash, but I don't know what my spending will be like next year, and my stipend will be pitifully small.
99. Do you watch reality tv?
100. What are you thinking right now?
I am not thinking. I wouldn't be filling this out if I were.