Also I would like to thank my chemistry professors (not that they would read it here, but I will tell them in person in the fall) for teaching me to write everything into the lab notebook in spite of my resistance. Now when I design and plan my own experiments, the skill is invaluable. Now no one forces me to formulate a purpose and write out equipment lists and all kinds of other info, but I do it because it actually does help.
1.Your LiveJournal user name & what it means:
Hellga has been my name on the 'Net since 1999, the only one I really used, and it has connotations of "helge" (Germanic word for "holy"), "hell", and "helec" (Quenya for "cold"). I have no idea why I chose it.
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?
About 9.8. I never lie; if I don't want something to be know, I simply keep silent. Sometimes I will type up a whole long post and then decide I would rather not disclose this info and delete it.
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
Very, very little. I never liked journals or diaries. I mostly use this one for memes, and sometimes announcements.
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about?
Anything deeply personal.
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
Probably not very interesting, maybe about 2. It is not here to be interesting, it is here to be functional, and its purposes are to keep me in touch with some people I wouldn't be able to keep track of otherwise, and be able to announce quizzes I have made or stories I have written.
b6. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
No, as far as I know.
7. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
8. What is your favorite interest on LJ?
I don't understand the question.
9. How often do you post in communities, and did you ever start your own?
Very rarely and no.
10. How often do you respond to/comment on other people's journals?
Not too often, only when I feel I do have something to say.
11. Do you prefer to write in your journal or read other journals?
Read, of course.
12. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
13. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?
14. Who are your three favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
I like all my LJ friends equally.
15. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
I don't know. I don't spend too much time with LJ.
16. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?
If I know them from somewhere else or find their journal very interesting to read.
17. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
Usually yes, but these are all the people I know from other places.
18. What is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list?
They post far too much and/or I don't find their journal interesting. I read my friends' page more than any other, and if it is littered with many posts I am not going to read, it irritates me. That's the reason I deleted some communities from my friends' list.
19. Is your "significant other" on LJ?
20. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
Someone I only know on LJ? Maybe Limyaael. But everyone else I know from CoE or PPC and therefore I do want to meet them.