1. How old are you in five years?
Let's not talk about it... I will be a couple months shy of the big 30.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
My computer. I was fighting sleep and boredom in my cube, and I skipped out on the three-hour morning meeting with excuse of having to catch up after being out of office at offsite meeting for the last two days.
3. How tall are you?
176.5 cm (5 feet 9.5 inches)
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Seeing San Diego. That's the only good thing I have to look forward to, as I have grand total of ZERO free weekends from now until June 14 (which is two months from now). Either I am working, or I am travelling, mostly business-related.
5. What's the last movie you saw?
I distinctly remember renting something back in February, but I couldn't tell you the title to save my life.
6. Who was the last person you would have called if an emergency?
I do not understand this question. Either a typo or poor English here. Do they mean who am I am least likely to call? Or who did I call when I last had an emergency?
7. Who was the last person to call you?
A coworker, to see if I was in the office to discuss a project.
8. What was the last text message you received?:
I don't do text messages.
9. Favourite activities?
Right now sleep wins hands down, otherwise - travelling, with all it entails.
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Call. I prefer the richness of non-verbal information human voice conveys to impersonal symbols on a screen. Besides, it's faster.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
I was winding down from the last official fellowship get-together.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
13. When is the last time you saw your best friend?
One - almost a year ago, the other two - almost four years ago.
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What time did your alarm go off today?
16. What are you wearing right now?
Not much at all, actually.
17. What is your favorite song?
Depends on my mood du jour. Don't really have one.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Any kind of line or queue more than three-four people long. Or behind a dimwitted sloooooow moron in a queue of any length.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
I would travel around the world for a year or two... if I have to narrow it down, right now it would be Italy, Norway, Switzerland and Sweden. And guess what - I AM going to Sweden in a couple months!
21. What's your favourite ice cream?
Stracciatella. For some reason, I did develop a chocolate ice-cream fix last month...
22. Do you tan or burn?
Tan, and can tan to quite a deep brown if I am not careful. I am almost burn-proof, as the only time I have burned was when I played volleyball outside for the whole day in July without any sunscreen. And Omaha is at about the same latitude as Rome and Madrid, so sun IS hot...
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
I didn't. I didn't have nightmares, weren't afraid of the dark, and did have any fears like that. I am boring, I know. I remember being disappointed when I called my parents at night because I wanted them to see how my window transformed into a golden porch with a three-headed dragon sitting on it - but when they came it and turned on a light it was just a window again. I was three years old, and learned that dreams are just dreams.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
Yesterday I was laughing a lot.
25. How many computers do you have in your house?
At the moment - three. My laptop, my work laptop which I brougth home for the weekend, and my PDA.
26. How big is your bed?
Queen size, whatever that works out to. 60" X 80" - 152cm X 203cm
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
28. Blue or white?
Depends for what.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Three. Two big ones and one small one that I had since the day I was born. All the pillowcases for the small one are embroidered by my hand, too.
31. What is your favorite season?
32. What do you like about falling?
The feeling of free fall and the heart jumping, you know what I mean.
33. Favourite dress?
I have this really nice princess-cut gown that I still haven't managed to wear anywhere... otherwise, I have my selection of everyday type dresses.
34. What do you like about the summer?
Smell of grass heated by the sun. Cool mornings after it rains all night. Warm starry nights. I love everything about the summer.
35. What do you like about siblings?
I have none.
36. How many different places have you lived in the last three years?
Only counting places where I really lived for at least a few weeks, six. Omaha and central New Jersey being "permanent" ones and Arizona, Broken Bow, Indianapolis and Munich being temporary homes for a month each.
37. Worst enemy?
I would say, myself.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Shoes. Nice pretty shoes.
39. Are you a social person?
Depends. Generally, I like being among people but not so much with people.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
A piece of Ukrainian candy. Before that - pasta with meatballs, artichoke, zucchini, eggplant (I decided to give it another try and it STILL is inedible in my book) and carrots.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
There are a few good ones. I am most frequently at ones closest to where I live and where I work, though, regardless of whether they make the favorites list.
42. Last bought item?
Actual item (as opposed to booking tickets and registering for meetings and cafeteria meals and groceries) - a set of a necklace and earrings made out of black and white chalcedony.
43. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Ah... I think I had a shoe post a few months back. They are all still there, in all their glory. None to compare with the hot-pink pumps I had to throw away last year after wearing them till holes.
44. What is your favorite fruit?
45. How many exes do you have?
Depends on how you define an ex (as in, how close the relationship would have been). I would say that just one.
46. Do you like sushi?
47. Do you like coffee?
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
I go through about one and a half 20 oz bottles - about four-five glasses.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Either thick juice (think orange, peach, apricot) or milk.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
I occupy all the space I am given... but usually on the right hand side.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, but not very well. I don't strategize, I rely on luck. I play cards to relax, I am not going to waste energy on thinking when I am playing.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
With very, very few people and even then rarely.
54. Have you ever been to America?
Heck, I live here.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Out. Every weekday lunch and most weekday breakfasts are in the company cafeteria... and usuall one night a week a dinner out.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes, we were not only born on the same day, we had the same name (Anna) and were classmates. But I am about three inches taller, and have dark eyes and hair, and she had blue-grey eyes and carrot-red hair.
59. Do you want kids?
60. Do you speak any other languages?
English and Russian completely fluently, German and Italian decently, Spanish on a basic level with too many Italian words slipping in uncontrollably.
61. Which Skittles tastes best?
I like grape and strawberry ones.
62. Have you ever ridden a horse?
Once, when I was maybe six or seven... I don't like hoofed critters much, I am much more of a predatory animal person - give me kitties and gators any time.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Between these two, I would prefer an ocean, but I like rivers best, followed by lakes.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
Window, it's more comfortable to sleep then, and I cannot stay awake even until take-off. When I wake up as if stabbed when the food is served to the row below and am wide awake until I eat, after which I am dead asleep again until we start taxiing for the gate.
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Travel, jewelry, shoes, gifts.
67. Do you wear any jewellery 24/7?
No. I take it all off at night unless I am travelling and sleeping in a train/airplane.
68. What is your favorite TV show?
I watch so little TV, I don't really watch anything that counts as "show".
69. Can you roll your tongue?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
I know many great fun people.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
My mom keeps a couple pieces.
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
My scissors have red handles. And the Nebraska Cheerleader Cow is red-and-white dressed. The closest uniform red object is the throw on the sofa right behind me.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
The one in the bedroom is usually open - it's sliding doors anyway. Others are usually closed.
77. Who would you like to be attacked by?
I don't want to be attacked period.
78. Do you flirt a lot?
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
I wouldn't eat them unless I had no other source of protein available.
80. What is your favorite food?
Freshly baked bread and fresh fruit.
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. That's what service is for.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
No. I must be lucky, because I don't always obey the speed limit. Though for everyday driving I am lucky if I can go 1/2 speed limit most of the way.
83. Most stupid thing you have ever done?
Let's not go there.
84. What is your usual bedtime?
Anywhere from 11pm to 2am, usually midnight to 12:30.
85. What is your favourite magazine?
I do get Vogue and Lucky (the fashion/shopping magazines)
86. Do you have any role model?
87. Do you dance in the car?
89. What song did you last listen to?
I cannot remember. I am usually lost in thought when driving and cannot hear what's playing... I usually fall out of trance only as I am pulling into the garage.
90. Do you ever wonder «what if»?
91. Do you ever fall for «the wrong» guys?
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Details of a project I need to work on before I leave for Omaha next week.
95. What is your favorite board game?
I always liked ones where you roll the dice and then move along the map, whomever gets to the finish first wins.
97. When was the last time you attended a party?
98. Who is your favourite car?
Mine. 2004 Nissan Sentra, officially "bronze shimmer" but usually gray, though he can pretend to be brown when he wants to. I am glad he developed a masculine personality, and it was fun watching it develop through the years, since I got him brand-new and not really having a personality (my previous two cars were used and both had very distinct personalities).
99. What is the best hotel you have stayed in?
Probably, the Doubletree in Maryland, close to the FDA.
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
Extra-special? I think that would be my mom overnighting a freshly baked batch of meat pies to me.