MPJE is tomorrow. I think I am starting to get scared. Please, please wish me good luck and clear head.
I cannot believe I have now a New Jersey address and New Jersey phone number, and I will be moving day after tomorrow. I don't think I quite want to move. Where are my 18 years, when I was willing to go wherever? Moving is so hard and involved in the 21st century... on the other hand, there wasn't much paperwork in the 14th century - but I would have been much more likely just to get killed as an outsider, thus solving the problem of what to do with me for the locals - and by extention, all my problems. Yeah...
Anyway, I will probably pop in sometime tomorrow or Saturday morning, but then I will be offline until Tuesday or Wednesday until my new Internet is set up in my new home.
RULES: Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little-known facts about themselves. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/littleknown facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks.
1. If I have been somewhere within the last 3 years, I will be able to find my way and retrace my steps - but only in the city. I lack any ability to orient myself in the wild.
2. I am so averse to eating alone in an empty kitchen, that I will be hungry to the point of being nauseated before I will actually eat something.
3. As much as I enjoy long-term planning, as soons as my plans become solidified, I tend to loose interest in them and look for something else to plan.
4. As much as I tried to hold a lobster and a crayfish, I couldn't. I would touch their back, but then I would imagine the little legs curled up under their bellies, and I just couldn't force myself to pick them up.
5. I like snakes, lizards and rodents, but not spiders or insect or such creepy crawly thingies. My division is along the lines of vertebrates (good) vs. invertebrates (bad). Including "I will eat any vertebrate from fish to mammal, but not invertebrates (except very tiny shrimp in very, very hot sauce)"
6. Whenever something doesn't go quite as I planned (or just not as smoothly/quickly as I would like) I get either irritated or scared, or both. And sometimes do stupid things because of it.
7. I do not like salads because to me, mixed vegetables take up tastes of each other and it gets icky. I prefer to eat fruit and veggies each separate, but at the same time I can eat say, strawberries and steak, or cherries and chicken soup - at the same time.
8. I really, really envy hard-working, organized people who do not procrastinate and do everything carefully and spread out over time - but at the same time I know in my heart that I would hate living the way they do.
9. I remember a lot of stories about my family, and I am always eager to lear more. My ancestors were some crazy people, but I can see traces of myself in each and every one of them. I am also very proud of them. Wait, being stubborn and proud to the point incompatible with life (sometimes literally) ARE the two main family qualities.
10. I can barely swim, and it takes my entire willpower to jump, even from a chair height, because I fell off an old wooden bridge, which broke under me, when I was six or seven years old, and ever since I have hard time tolerating when my feet are not on something solid.
Now, who to tag?
somhairlin, brune_hilda, thefil04, jocelyncs, boz4pm, didian, darry_coe, lefali, aquila1nz, limyaael.