// the basics
they call me: Anna, Anyuta, Anya and whatever the vocal cords of an average American can make my name to sound like; on the 'Net people call me "Hellga"
years young: 20, soon to be 21
location: currently Nebraska - when I have agreed to come to Nebraska, I have never even heard of it before that moment
siblings: none, thank you
bedroom: pretty and reminiscent of 18th century
hobbies: travel, buying and looking at jewelry, reading (especially about European history), writing (about something dealing with Tolkien, PPC, or health sciences)
eyes: brown, almond-shaped, with lashes everyone envies
hair: reddish-brown, straight, almost midback-length, in ponytail
height: 5'10" (or, more accurately, 176.5 cm)
color: sky blue, reds of all shades, white, black
food: berries (especially cherries, raspberries and European blueberries), oranges, Belgian pears, freshly baked bread, rotisserie chicken, fresh carrots, fresh cabbage and many other things - everything I eat I like equally; things I don't like I don't eat.
shirt: I love them all - otherwise I wouldn't wear them
tv shows: M*A*S*H (so what? Hawkeye reminds me of my brother, who is also a doctor, incidentally)
tv channel: none
place: to travel to or to live in? Yekaterinburg, Russia; Berlin, Germany; Vienna, Austria; Chicago, USA.
stores: small and wonderful jewelry stores lining main streets of Yekaterinburg.
font: Times New Roman
sport: ice skating (speed skating, not figure skating)
movies: Gone with the Wind
children's movie: would Shrek count? And a bunch of Russian children's movies from my childhood that you haven't even heard about. Your loss.
girls names: Anna, Olga
soda: Pepsi Twist
foreign language: my favorite language is Russian, then Latin and Quenya. But I like all language I have learned - languages fascinate me the way they are, there is something to love about every one of them (even if I like some of them far less than others :))
songs: none, I like quite a few, and what I like today I might hate tomorrow and love again in a couple days. It all depends on whether the song coordinates with my mood at the moment.
Just about everything.
Cooked onions, cooked cabbage, stupidity, bad manners
Power for Power's Sake.
Which Illuminati are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Yes, power for power's sake, that is me. I don't care about the outward attributes of power (except expensive jewelry) - I don't need adoring crowds, ceremonies, my statues at every corner. I delight in sheer sensation of having power over someone who knows I have this kind of power. Eeeevil me :)
1) Time: 23:55 (11:55 PM for Americans out here)
2) Name: Anna
3) Nicknames: Hellga, the Crazy Russian, and about a million others in several different languages
5) E-mail: tar_daedin (at) hotmail (dot) com
6) Eyes: brown
7) Height: 5'10" (176.5 cm to be more accurate)
8) Siblings: none, thank you
9) Age: 20. Will be 21 in three weeks.
10) Ever been drunk: Yes, but only a couple times.
11) Ever cheated or been cheated on: I only consider something cheating when I explicitly told someone they can trust me. I only gave such promises to a couple of very good friends.
12) Missed school b/c it was raining: I haven't missed school even for 4 feet of snow that fell during a single night or temperatures colder than -40. Would rain stop me?
13) If you could do anything right now what would you do: Sleep. And that's what I am doing next.
14) Set any body part on fire for amusement: I might be a bit crazy, but I have never been idiotic.
15) Kept a secret from everyone: Do that all the time.
16) Had an imaginary friend: No. But I sometimes think of myself in third person.
18) Cried during a Flick: No. The only movie that ever made me cry is Gone with the Wind, and that only happened after I saw it at least 10 times.
19) Had a crush on a teacher: Nope.
20) Ever thought an animated character was hot?: Not that I remember.
21) Ever at anytime owned a New Kids on the Block?: Never heard of this thing before.
23) Prank called someone: No. I am above pranks :)
24) Been on stage: Yup, and I like it.
25) Shampoo: whichever works for me, that is subject to change
26) Soap: natural one without any extra additives
27) Colors: red and blue
28) Day/Night: Evening twilight.
29) Summer/Winter: Summer
30) Online Smiley: :) or :p are the ones I use the most
33) Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend: No
34) Like anyone(like a crush)?: No, and never had a crush in my life.
35) Who have you known the longest of your friends: Irina, for about 18 years.
37) Who's the shyest: I don't think I have shy friends.
38) Who do you go to for advice: My father (about philosophical matters) or my mother (about clothes or practical things) or an expert in the field (about a specific thing, such as pharmacokinetics, or insurance, etc.)
40) Who do you cry with: I don't cry.
----------IN THE LAST 2 Weeks------------
41) Cried: No
42) Cut your hair: No
43) Worn a skirt: Yes
44) Been mean: Yes
45) Been sarcastic: Yes
46) Met someone new: I work in the pharmacy, I meet a lot of people
48) Missed someone: Not really
50) Fought with your parents: No
51) Wished upon a star: Never done it
52) Laughed until you cried: No, haven't happened for while now...
54) Watched a sunrise/sunset: No, I sleep during sunrise and am at work at sunset
55) Went to the beach at night: closest beach is a few hundred miles away, and that would still be only a lake
57) Read a book for fun: Of course.
58) Ate a meal: Many.
59) Are you lonely?: No
60) Are you happy?: Not very, but OK
61) Are you talking to someone online: Via e-mails
-------DO YOU BELIEVE IN-------
63) Love: Not sure, rather not
64) The Closet Monster: No
66) Heaven/Hell: No
67) Superstitions: I enjoy them, but I don't take them seriously
68) What is your full name?: Anna Vidar'yevna
69) Who named you?: my parents
72) What was the last thing that you said online?: don't remember
75) What is right next to you?: my purse
76) What is your computer desk made of?: natural oak. It is at least three times older than me and absolutely gorgeous; it was a gift.
77) What are the last 4 digits in your phone number?: 9034
78) What was the last thing that you ate?: a slise of cheese pizza
80) Who do you want to spend the rest of your life with?: No one. I tend to get tired of people pretty quickly, so the next 40+ years of continuous co-existence seem daunting.
81) How many buddies do you have on your list?: Don't use buddy lists
83) Have you ever smoked pot?: No
84) What did you do last night?: Worked until 10:15 pm, got home by 10:45, ate supper, read the paper, went over mail, checked e-mail and boards I post at and LJ and went to bed.
86) What are your favorite type of shoes?: Nice dress pumps with 2-3 inch heels.
87) How do YOU eat an Oreo?: with tea
88) All-time favorite tv show?: none
89) Dream car?: Buick Park Avenue. Or a Mercedes. I have a thing for Buicks, I am impressed by the loyalty and self-sacrifice of these cars. I had two of them, may their souls rest in peace and glory wherever dead cars go.
91) What do you want to do after you leave school?: Work for a big pharmaceutical company.
92) What are your future goals?: To become very rich, powerful, and get into history textbooks.
93) Favorite music?: Depends on my mood.
94) Favorite food?: fresh fruit and berries, fresh bread, rotisserie chicken, hard white cheeses, other stuff.
95) Favorite movies?: Gone with the Wind, The Fellowship of the Ring, many Russian movies
96) Favorite days of the year?: None, really. I like all the good days.
98) Do you like to dance?: Yes, sometimes. Depends on company :)
99) Fast or slow?: Fast!
100) Are you too shy to ask someone out?: Maybe, but I simply haven't found someone I would want to ask out yet.
102) If you could change your name, what would it be?: There is no name better than Anna :)
104) Have you ever been in love?: Nope
105) What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?: I haven't done anything I regret.
108) Favorite drink?: tea, delicious hot tea, which DOES NOT come from a tea bag *rolls eyes*
109) You like scary or happy movies better?: Happy, but my favorite ones are dramas without sugary happy-end
110) On the phone or in person?: In person, of course
112) If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?: Become a bit less lazy, but who know what drastic consequences it could have; I am happy as is.
113) Do you consider cheerleading a sport?: No
115) Time done?: 0:19 (that's 12:19 am for you Americans)
Close to truth on both me and my Alter Ego :)
1. WHAT TIME IS IT WHERE YOU ARE?
2. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON ORGANIZED RELIGION?
It is made by the people and for the people, there is nothing from God in it.
3. WHAT RELIGION ARE YOU?
Russian Orthodox, though I am not very good at it :)
4. WHERE WOULD YOU BE RIGHT NOW IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?
5. WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A MILLION DOLLARS?
Pay off my car loan & remainder of my parents mortgage, repair my car, buy $30,000 worth of jewelry, give $10,000 to Russian Orthodox Church, preferably to a chapel of Saint Anna, and save the rest.
6. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUYING/SAVING UP TO BUY?
A pair of earrings? Can't go wrong with one more pair of earrings. Seriously, I have everything I need and nearly everything I want.
7. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
I tend to like Head&Shoulders, the way my hair feels afterwards.
8. DO YOU LIKE SCENTED OR UNSCENTED DEODORANT?
Very slightly scented, lemon or something like that. Nothing sweet.
9. WHAT WAS YOUR LAST EXTRAVAGANT EXPENSE?
A $1,500 super-duper laptop that I don't really need? Preserved alligator head?
10. WHAT IS SOMETHING EXPENSIVE YOU SPLURGE ON?
Jewelry. And certain type of shirts. And gloves. And shoes. These are my weaknesses, with jewelry being by far the most favorite and the most expensive.
11. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? (literal, not "life" or "salvation", etc.)
My silver necklace.
12. WHAT ARE YOU MOST GRATEFUL IN YOUR LIFE?
My intelligence, good health, great upbringing, and unbending will. And God's help.
13. WHAT IS YOUR HAPPIEST MEMORY?
Most of my memories are happy. When I got that $20,000 scholarship? When I was sitting watching the sunset over the Alps? When I met my grandmother's cat at the beginning of every summer? When I walked to the University's Lost&Found and the earring I thought was irretrievably lost was there? Many, many more are there. I am a rather happy person.
14. WHAT IS YOUR SADDEST MEMORY?
I don't really have a saddest memory, bad moods just happen upon me every once in a while and make me feel terrible, but it is rarely connected to a real life event. I would say my grandmother's stroke. I felt so guilty because I threw a typical teen fit at her (I was a 14-year old idiot back then) and she had the stroke the next day. She died nine days later. I was sick for several days - for some reason, when I grieve deeply, I get nausea and I vomit all the time and overall feel rather dead than alive.
15. WHAT IS YOUR MOST BITTERSWEET MEMORY?
The last time I looked upon my city.
16. WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT THE WORLD?
I like it the way it is. I don't really want to change the rules of the game.
17. WHAT DO YOU HOPE WILL NEVER CHANGE ABOUT YOUR LIFE?
Again, I like it the way it is. It would be much easier to name the things I would like to change.
18. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE?
Yes. When I had been lying for three days, all alone, with a pounding headache that wouldn't let me raise my head more than two inches above the pillow. The cat was my only company. I was 13 years old at the time, and by the end of it I was sure I am going to die. I survived :) After my parents heard about that, they checked me into a hospital, I spent three weeks there, but they mended me so well I haven't had a headache in 10 years.
19. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THE CURRENT STATE OF AMERICAN POLITICS?
They are all morons. Not that other countries' politicians aren't.
20. WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING ABOUT YOU?
My ability to believe two or more opposite things absolutely sincerely at the exact same time.
21. WHAT DO YOU HIDE ABOUT YOURSELF FROM OTHERS?
Just about everything. The only things people really need to know is what kind of foods I can't stand :p
22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF WEATHER?
Cold crispy winter day, with white snow glistening in the sun. A hot summer day, with gentle breeze caressing my skin, merciless skin baking me alive. A cool cloudy day when sky is the most beautiful, with varied shades of grey, like a watercolor painting, and air smells fresh.
23. DO YOU EVER HOPE TO TRAVEL OVERSEAS?
Why hope? I DO travel overseas.
24. WHAT IS THE MOST RECENT BIG CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE?
I don't know. I got the research job at the university?
25. WHAT IS IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR? FREEZER?
Food. I am not quite sure what exactly.
26. WHAT IS ONE FOOD YOU CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT?
Tea. Technically, it is a drink, but still. Food would be bread.
27. WHAT IS YOUR GO-TO COMFORT FOOD?
Tea. Strictly food would be whatever I feel like at the moment. My cravings are always very specific, though sometimes I don't know exactly what I crave and have to go with trial and error until I find that exact thing. But I can't go wrong with tea.
28. WHO IN YOUR PAST DO YOU WISH YOU COULD HAVE ONE MORE CONVERSATION WITH?
I don't know. Maybe my grandma.
29. WHERE DO YOU FEEL MOST AT PEACE?
Wherever I am. Or somewhere on the road. There is no such peace and freedom as being outside the time, outside of reality, between past and future, on the road.
30. IF THE END OF THE WORLD WAS TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO BE AND WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO BE WITH?
Wherever I can preveng the world from ending. Or wherever I happen to be.
31. WHAT SORT OF FAMILY HERITAGE DO YOU HAVE?
Russian. And also Jewish, Turkish, Ukrainian and probably of just about every nation that has roamed the western half of the continent of Eurasia in the last few thousands years.
32. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE WORKING HARD AT IN YOUR LIFE?
Success. My ambitions are the fuel that keeps me going.
33. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Whomever called at work - I think that was either a refill or another Walgreen's asking if we got some drug in stock.
34. WHEN YOU ARE STRESSED OUT, HOW DO YOU CALM DOWN?
Drink tea. Read. Watch TV. Go for a walk. Sort my papers. Sort my jewelry box. Play Solitaire.
35. DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING?
No. I am famous for sleeping in all kinds of places.
36. DO YOU HAVE A HARD TIME SHARING YOURSELF WITH OTHERS?
37. ARE YOU HOLDING A SERIOUS GRUDGE AGAINST ANYONE? DO THEY KNOW ABOUT IT?
No, it is very stupid to hold grudges. Resolve the problems, don't poison yourself with undigested offenses.
38. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST REGRET?
I don't regret anything I have done in my life.
39. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU'VE DONE THAT YOU'LL NEVER REGRET?
40. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE YOUR LAST HUG FROM?
Maybe Sarah before she left of Texas. I don't know. I am not a touchy-feely type of person.
41. WHO DID YOU SHARE YOUR LAST ANGRY WORDS WITH?
I don't remember being angry at someone for a long time.
42. WOULD YOU EVER LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY? WHICH ONE(S)?
Heck, I have been living in a foreign country and speaking a foreign language for five years. US is neither the first nor the last in the list of countries I have/will have lived in.
43. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE...
Oranges. Grapes. Pomegranates. Cherries. Just about everything not-too-sweet. :)
Carrots and cabbage and green onions (everything only raw, of course)
Cheese. Tasty hard white cheese, mmm :)
Raspberry ice cream. Cherry cheesecake. Napoleon. Dark chocolate. Eclairs.
44. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE...
Sun heated grass. Clear mountain air. Sun heated pine forest.
Mountains. Big rivers (no less than half a mile wide). My name next to some award/achievement. Jewelry. Carved stone figurines.
I know the least favorite - the sound of grinding and crimpling metal in a car collision, but I don't have a favorite one.
Soft and velvety.
45. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED UNTIL YOUR SIDES HURT?
Today, after dinner, when my father was telling about the times he got really, really drunk.
46. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
47. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A PHYSICAL FIGHT?
Yes, they can range from fun to scary.
48. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE...
I don't know. A lot of them.
A lot of them.
Not sure. ABBA, Aerosmith, Blind Guardian, and so on further down the alphabet.
Don't have a favorite, directors are not something I care about.
49. IF YOU COULD HAVE LUNCH WITH ANYONE, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?
50. WHAT SORT OF EXERCISE DO YOU DO, OR WHAT SPORTS DO YOU PLAY?
I am not very good at that, but I skate when I can.
51. WHAT ITEM WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT?
52. WHAT TIME PERIOD WOULD YOU GO BACK TO?
I am happy where I am, thank you. If for a visit, sometime in 18th cenury. Rococo epoch :)
53. WHO HAS TAUGHT YOU THE MOST ABOUT...
I don't know love.
Everyone I have met contributed.
Everyone I called a friend (and there aren't many of them)
I don't know fear.
54. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"I know what I want and how to get it"
55. DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU JUDGE PEOPLE BASED ON OUTWARD APPEARANCES?
Sometimes, yes. Is that bad?
56. DO YOU FEEL THAT PEOPLE JUDGE YOU BASED ON YOUR OUTWARD APPEARANCES?
I am sure sometimes they do. Often that is my intent. So what?
57. WHAT IS SOMETHING ABOUT YOU THAT YOU ARE EMBARRASSED ABOUT?
Not something I am going to talk about :)
58. HAVE YOU EVER SAVED SOMEONE'S LIFE? HAS ANYONE SAVED YOURS?
I don't think I have saved someone's life, unless indirectly. And if anyone has saved mine, indirectly, I am grateful, but I wouldn't know them.
59. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON SUICIDE?
"It is an unacceptable weakness for a King." Or for me. I will refuse to help save anyone who tried to commit suicide, people who attempt them don't deserve the oxygen they would use up if they saved.
60. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE WAR IN IRAQ?
I don't approve of it, but I can see who would bring it about and why.
61. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THE TERRORIST ATTACKS ON 9/11?
I came home and my father told me. I had been preparing a report and haven't heard anything in the morning, and then was shut in the chem lab all afternoon. When I was driving home, I wanted to turned on the radio, which I almost never do, but instead of music there was talk about something I understood as a bomb in the Pentagon. I was appalled all the channels were so worked up because of a bomb, and turned it off. It wasn't until I got home around 5 pm that I learned what happened.
62. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE "WAR ON TERRORISM"?
A good excuse to do some not-so-pretty things.
63. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU OFFENDED SOMEONE?
I am not sure, but no longer than a month or two ago.
62. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE OFFENDED BY SOMEONE?
Within last week - there are more ill-mannered morons that come into my Walgreen's than I care to remember.
63. WHO DO YOU LOOK UP TO THE MOST? (that you actually know)
64. DO YOU FEEL MOSTLY SATISFIED OR MOSTLY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT YOUR LIFE SO FAR?
65. HOW DO YOU DEFINE LOVE?
Love is when you put someone above everything else.
66. DO YOU APPROVE OF ASSISTED SUICIDE FOR THOSE WHO ARE DYING?
Yes. I would do it as a pharmacist.
67. WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER BEING A VEGETARIAN? WHY OR WHY NOT?
No, I like meat. And my judgement as a health professional is against it.
68. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE "FREE LOVE" MOVEMENT?
I don't really care about it.
69. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HOMOSEXUALITY?
I don't care about a person's sexual orientation, but I am opposed to most gay/lesbian issues on the political agenda, for variety of reasons.
70. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN WITH SOMEONE AT THE MOMENT OF THEIR DEATH?
Yes. There is nothing pleasant about it. I hate the feeling of helplessness.
71. WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE TO BE THE MOST SIGNIFICANT MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?
Many. Basically, whenever I made significant decisions, such as to move to US, to go to pharmacy school, to go to Germany, to reconcile with my present.
72. DO YOU LIKE CHILDREN? ANIMALS?
Children - no. Animals - depends on the animal. I like cats of all kinds (frome house cat to tiger), alligators and lizards. And those rodents that aren't robbing my mom's garden.
73. IF YOU HAVE PARENTS-IN-LAW, DO YOU GET ALONG WITH THEM?
Don't have any.
74. DO YOU DYE YOUR HAIR?
Occasionally, but the difference is barely noticeable.
75. DO YOU PRAY?
Sometimes, I think God deserves more, but I just don't remember to pray most of the time. So I pray only when I need something, which makes me feel guilty.
76. WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF? THE LEAST?
Like about myself - my intelligence, my strong will, my beatiful hands. Like the least - my laziness, my skin when it acts up.
77. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRAIT IN OTHERS? YOUR LEAST FAVORITE?
Intelligence, sense of humor and good manners are the favorites. Rudeness and stupidity are the least favorite.
78. WHAT ANIMAL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE MOST LIKE?
I am a lynx. That's what everyone who knows me says I am like. People say I even walk like one.
79. HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A PROMISE?
Never. I have backed out of some, on flimsy grounds, but I have never broken a promise. That would go against my very soul.
80. WHAT TIME DID YOU FINISH THIS SURVEY?